Cupertino, California — Apple today released iMac Pro, an entirely new product line designed for pro users who love the all-in-one design of iMac and require workstation-class performance. With Xeon processors up to 18 cores, up to 22 Teraflops of graphics performance, and a brilliant 27-inch Retina 5K display, iMac Pro is the fastest, most powerful Mac ever made. iMac Pro delivers incredible compute power for real-time 3D rendering, immersive VR, intensive developer workflows, high megapixel photography, complex simulations, massive audio projects and real-time 4K and 8K video editing.
With next-generation processors, a stunning Retina 5K display, the most powerful graphics ever in a Mac, super-fast storage and advanced I/O, iMac Pro is designed to handle the most demanding pro workflows and is the first all-in-one built from the ground up to deliver true workstation-class performance. Featuring an all-new thermal architecture, iMac Pro delivers up to 80 percent more cooling capacity in the same amazingly quiet, thin and seamless aluminium and glass enclosure customers know and love.
- Intel Xeon W processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
- 3.2 GHz 8-core
- 3.0 GHz 10-core
- 2.5 GHz 14-core
- 2.3 GHz 18-core
- 32 GB 2666MHz ECC memory, configurable up to 128 GB
- 1, 2 or 4 GB of SSD storage
- Radeon Pro Vega 56 or 64 with 8 or 16 GB HBM2 memory
- 10 Gbps Ethernet
- Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
- 27-inch Retina 5K 5120×2880 P3 display with billion of colours
Work faster, work better
iMac Pro takes Mac performance to a whole new level, even when compared to current fastest quad-core iMac.
- 3D designers can visualise huge 3D models and render scenes up to 3.4 times faster.
- Developers can run multiple virtual machines and test environments, and compile code up to 2.4 times faster.
- Scientists and researchers can manipulate massive data sets and complex simulations, visualising data up to 5 times faster.
- Photographers can work with enormous files and perform image processing up to 4.1 times faster.
- Music producers can bounce (export) massive multi-track projects up to 4.6 times faster and use up to 12.4 times as many real-time plug-ins.
- Video editors can edit up to eight streams of 4K video, or edit 4.5K RED RAW video and 8K ProRes 4444 at full resolution in real time without rendering. The iMac Pro can also export HEVC video 3 times faster.
Starting retail price: £4,899
Source: Apple Newsroom